Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friendly Faces

I ran into Walmart this afternoon after work to pick up a few quick items when a person with a very familiar face stopped me to say "hi." Of course I couldn't quite place that very familiar face and the obvious follow up to the "hi" was, "you don't know who I am, do you?" I regretfully admitted that I was still trying to come up with a name, and the very friendly non-stranger started telling me a story about when my brother Bryce and his very best friend Jason snuck off on their bikes as children to the river near our house. Now this story happened to be one of my children's favorite bedtime stories when they were young and I instantly realized that I was talking to Kathy David (Jason MacDonald's mom). She admitted that she follows the links to other blogs (starting with Jason and Stephanie's to Carol's or Bryce's, to mine, etc.), so is actually aware of what is going on in my life. Now if my husband would actually read the blog he might actually see some of my Thailand pictures! Anyway...Hi again Kathy (and Don), and it's fun to know that you're reading!

2 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

That's great! At least you engaged in a conversation! Don't you usually ignor people you know in the store? (that's for the story about the island!!) :) ....c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I pray our boys don't pull the stunts that Bryce and Jason did. Who am I kidding, I know it will happen. I will probably be completely grey by the time I'm 35.
Love the pictures by the way. I think I would have starved to death in Tiawan.