Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Before Pictures

Me again! I missed you all, but life has been busy and I haven't replaced my camera after dumping water over it in Thailand. Anyway, I took a few cell phone photos of my house this morning before I left for work. As you remember from old photos, we have been under construction in almost every room in our house (but the bedrooms and bathrooms) for over a year. Well last week, we lived through a TON of drywall dust, but finally got everything drywalled, mudded, sanded and primed (I am now on antibiodic for a sinus infection and cough syrup with codine by the way)! Yesterday the weather forcast announced rain, which means that the painters were able to move us ahead of their outside painting jobs. I am hoping that when I get home tonight, I will be able to post "after" photos of newly painted walls. Here are a few terrible shots of the primed walls (they primed in gray to prepare for my darker colored paint). The living room and kitchen will be a spice color (burnt orange), the hallway and stairwell will be a brown color, and the new game room (no before photos today) will be a steely purple color.
The north end of the living room (we also ripped the molding out so that it could be replaced with a lighter color)

The south end of the living room and kitchen. The cedar beam that goes over the fireplace is waiting patiently out in the garage, but is ready to be hung.

The hallway going up the stairs.

After the painting is done, then comes the new carpet. We are definately wiping out our savings on this one!

3 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Thanks so much for posting pictures! I love before and after photos. The new stone fireplace looks great! Is the carpet going or is that the new stuff? Your bistro table with bar stools idea will look great in that corner. I can't wait to see the "after" pictures!........c.

Carol and Dan said...

P.S. Walker is so cute!

Priests By Name said...

That is the old carpet. The new stuff is similar in color, but will be a berber. Upstairs and in the game room and tv room will be a darker color with more grays and more of a commercial type so that it won't be so bad when a bunch of teens spill soda, etc. Walker positioned himself so he'd be in the picture!