Wednesday, October 1, 2008

After pictures of the Living Room

So, again I complain about the quality of the cell phone pictures, but at least it helps me post more often! Here is a photo of our hallway downstairs after being painted brown. The coloring on the picture is not the best, but I love it in real life. This is the wall where the black and white photos of the kids usually hang (think baby Walker naked and full of mud, Taylor's faded out face that is sketched back in, the kids being tossed in the air at the 200 W. Pickard house, etc.).
I changed my mind about the orange color three times AFTER I told the painters what color to mix. Luckily they waited until the morning of painting before they actually mixed the paint! I was aiming for an orange similar to John and Danielle's kitchen when it was orange. My first several picks were very bright red/orange and looked more like Taylor's bedroom. I was drawn to them on the little paint cards, but knew that they would be too bright for me on the walls. I finally borrowed the color book from a different paint company, knowing that they could still mix those colors with the paint that I wanted. After that, I only had to call one more time to change my mind. I am VERY happy with the final color and the room already feels warm and comfy, even though there are no photos on the walls, no moulding, no curtains or even furniture.


2 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

I love it love it love it!
I also love that you are posting more regularly! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!! Keep 'um coming!......c.

Chris Ann said...

it is even better in person. i guess my kids got grandma shirleys decorating genes.