Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Game Room Before

The painters didn't get to the game room yesterday, so I snapped a few before shots last night when I got home. They arrived bright and early this morning to get started, so hopefully later today, I can post some "after" pictures. In this picture, I'm standing in the game room, facing the door out to the landing. The wall on the landing by the bookshelf is being painted brown as I type this. The game room will be a purple color (a color I never thought would enter my house, but go figure, I think it goes well with black and gray).

This is the north and east wall of the gameroom. The slanted ceiling will stay white, but the rest will go purple.
Finally, the southwest corner of the game room. The west wall will have wood on it up to the height of where the ceiling meets the walls on the south/north walls. Then, I will probably paint the wood to match. That way the old angled windows will be covered up. If you think back to when the kitchen and living/dining room downstairs had open ceiling, these were the upper slanted windows that were on both sides of the fireplace. Next summer, we will reside the house outside to cover the old windows from that direction!
For anyone visiting the Priest household in the future, this will be your bedroom! It's too bad that Bryce chooses to always stay with Jason, because the fouton couch in the game room will be facing the flat screen tv that will go up on the wall.

No comments: