Friday, October 23, 2009

Cross Country in Carson City




Back at the beginning of October, Tay had a meet in Carson City. She wasn't feeling well, so her coach told her that she only had to run a mile (now if anyone told me that I had to run ONLY a mile, I might die, as I never raced for any distance beyond 200M. The race picture is the only documentation that I have of her run(#3247), since she did not finish the race, but she did get her personal record on that mile (I think that she ran harder, knowing that she didn't have to finish).
Here's a nice story. One of the Shepherd bus drivers has "adopted" the high school cross country team. He has designated himself as their driver, and goes to all of their meets. He doesn't hang out with the bus or drive off to Walmart, he moves around the course taking pictures of the kids for them. At Carson City, he worked with several mothers to plan a tailgate and we all brought food. While the kids ran (the course went by the bus) he grilled burgers and hotdogs for the team and their families.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great - love the story of the bus driver!