Friday, October 23, 2009

Taylor in the Distance

This is Taylor's last year to play soccer since the program in Shepherd ends at 8th grade. When someone plays the same position the whole game, you'd think that for one half or the other, they would be playing near you. Not so with Tay. She is always far away from where I am sitting, no matter WHERE I sit! Just so you know how COLD this was (especially those of you down in Florida), I sat at this game with a thermal shirt, t shirt, hoodie sweatshirt, winter coat, Danielle made knit hat and mittens. Then I wrapped a blanket around my legs. I think that it was in the 30's. Taylor, on the other hand, didn't even pack a pair of pants to wear! Lucky for her, one of the guys from her cross country team came to the game after cross practice (yes, it is an old boyfriend), and he had his mom get a spare pair of sweats out of their van for Taylor to wear. That is why her pants say "Davis" down the side.




Taylor's face is behind this ball!



On a side note, at the next game, we played the team coached by Nate Walters of the Walters family that had a certain Mr. Walters who was our principal at Kinney School (or Skinney School if you were Carol). Contrary to my typical nature, I made myself go over to him and "say hi to my favorite elementary principal." He wanted to know all about everybody, so I gave him a quick update. He can cross check the update with his wife, whom I had worked out with earlier that morning (along with Debbie Dell). Yes everyone, I work out several mornings a week with a bunch of retired ladies and it is a riot!


No comments: