Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 7 in Thailand

This was Walker's Birthday and I felt sad to be missing it. On Monday, we taught our first English lessons in the schools. First we taught a lesson in an elementary school, and that was a blast. Then we taught in the Jr. High, and it was not so fun. The school was VERY poor and dirty. I cut my leg on a rusty chair (good thing I updated my Tetnus before I left). At this school, the elementary children followed us everywhere we went, giggling and wanting to touch our hands. After we passed out Bibles, they swarmed us for our autographs. We probably spend about 20 minutes signing Bibles. The school transported us in a rusty and interesting school bus, that I will post pictures of when I get home. When we returned to the church/house in the late afternoon, we rode to town so we could get our fix of 5 minutes of air conditionning at the 7-11 (yes, you heard me, 7-11). I drank a slurpee, but I couldn't tell you what the flavor was!

No comments: