Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our sleeping area for the first 2 nights in Bangkok. This was at the WYAM (Youth With a Mission) headquarters for Thailand. Though the beds were very hard, they were beds. AND...that small machine hanging from the ceiling was a small air conditioner. VERY NICE!!!These were the last beds that we saw for 8 days!

Breakfast at YWAM. My favorite fruit is the red fruit in the center with the green hair. It kinda reminded me of a mini Kush Ball. Along with this, I had yogurt. I thought that I was grabbing some tropical flavor with mango and pineapple because of the red and yellow fruit looking pictures on the container (the writing was in Thai). It turned out to be corn and red bean yogurt! The next day, when I came down for breakfast, there was only one yogurt left and I bet you can guess the flavor. After that, I made it very clear to the people who were walking to 7-11 every morning that they were NOT to continue buying this flavor and that I was not eating it for enjoyment! For the rest of the trip I enjoyed Honey yogurt, Coconut Yogurt, and that tropical fruit flavor that I had expected in the first tub!

There was a university campus across from the YWAM building, so we walked through campus one day. There were these huge open air type rooms (the sides were all open) that looked like lecture halls. The students all had on white shirts and different length black skirts (or pants for the guys). They all covered their mouths and laughed when they saw us.


These students were sitting in the grass by the pond (reminded me a little of home sweet CMU). They were singing at the top of their lungs, but their eyes were shut. We recognized the tune as a Christian Praise & Worship Song (All in All), but they were singing it in Thai. I had one of the guys in our group sneak closer and take about a 10 minute video of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: