Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Days 1-3 in Thailand: Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Since we crossed the international date line and took about 36 hours to get to Thailand, Monday and Tuesday run together. We left at 8am Monday (Michigan time) and landed at 11pm Tuesday (Thailand time). We are 11 hours ahead of Michigan. In Bangkok, we stated at the YWAM base (Youth With a Mission). We did a scavenger hunt to become familiar with the local stores and markets, visited a mall, and spent a day touring temples. This day was amazing because of the many modes of transportation. Here they are in order...Taxi, Sky Train, Sky Train, Boat, Ferry Boat, Ferry Boat, Tuk Tuk, Canal Boat, Sky Train, Taxi, Truck Taxi (to get to the bus station to leave for the village), Bus (8 hour drive overnight to the village) and Pastor's Truck.

Since I'm out of my internet hour, that's all I can fit in for now! If someone could call Kevin's cell and let him know that I posted all of this (and help him with the blog address please), I would appreciate it!

I'll check in soon!!!

1 comment:

Carol and Dan said...

Yes, Cheryl, I'll get right on that!........c.