Monday, March 9, 2009

Blue River Mill has a Catalog!

Well, they almost have a catalog! I just finished putting together a full color 20-page catalog of all of the things that Kevin and Ken have been building. It has tables and chairs, barstools and pub stools, walking sticks and canes, children's rocking toys, beds, dressers, end tables, grilling planks, coasters, benches, children's blocks and more! I feel like I've been working a full 2nd job as I've worked on this. It's pretty amazing to see what they've built over the past several months, and I'm grateful that Kirk bought Amy a GREAT camera this year for Christmas (thanks for all of your hard work on the photos)! We're going up to Mackinaw at the end of the month where Kevin is hoping to meet with store owners. We even contacted Dana Beasley who is planning on helping us get the catalog printed. She's also going to work on an upright banner that will come with a stand to display when Kevin sells items at places like craft shows and the Home Show. While I'm on Spring Break this week, we are also going to change website hosts and I'm going to re-design the website so that Kevin can post all of the items from the catalog before he starts meeting with store owners. Below is Kevin's first dining room table and set of 6 chairs. He loved making the table...the chairs, not so much!



Don't you love how Kirk and Amy set up a bedroom right in my front yard! They did this while I was at work and literally robbed the sheets off my real bed. It was fun to look at what they put together, and think about where they had to snoop in my house to find the stuff! The neat thing about the bedstands is that if you make them a little shorter and take out the drawer, they become perfect end tables.




Kevin has also been working on 2 and 4 foot shelves. For these, he peels the bark from the wood, and uses a wire brush to clean up the wood. It is not fully sanded on the bottom, so that you can see the natural markings in the wood.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like what my bedroom is going to look like - can't wait to get the night stands!!! Tell Kevin I'm interested in two of those shelving units ... but maybe he can make them while I'm home so we can talk specifics!