Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Harvest of 09!

Since our Nelson Thanksgiving last weekend, Kevin's been drinking up the herbal tea from the garden. He finished up the lavender that Danielle gave us and then finished up the Peppermint that I harvested earlier in the summer. Since he was quickly making his way through the spearmint, I decided that I had better check to see what I had drying in paper bags. I found some lavender and peppermint (along with a large batch of oregano), and spent the afternoon making it "tea" ready. Now if he would only decide to drink the Lemon Balm, he would be set for life!


Lavender

Peppermint


Oregano
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

I think we were on the same wave length, because at that same time i was harvesting the last of the spearmint, oregano, thyme and chives for the season- d

Chris Ann said...

My favorite is mint anything.hint/hint

Priests By Name said...

Danielle, sometimes we can get scary! It was fun to smell the smells of summer while there was white stuff on the ground. I'm jealous of your thyme since I had so much of it, and never took the time to go out and cut it before everything froze! Kevin made me some peppermint tea this morning. Yum!