Saturday, November 29, 2008

Walker's 1st Black Friday

Last year, Taylor and I decided that we were going to try out Black Friday, and we actually had some fun with it. So this time, when we set our alarms for 4am, Walker asked if he could come too. Of course there were promises of not begging for new video games, and he got quite the lecture about staying within sight since he may never find us again should we become seperated. Things went very well for the most part. We did see a woman down (flat on her back) next to the $2 dvd's at Walmart, and rumor has it that people were still reaching over her for movies until store employees stepped in to clear the area. The big story of the day was Walker's Black Friday purchase. He had $5 in his wallet, and as we waited in the line to check out at Target (the line wrapped around 3/4 of the store) he had yet to find an item to purchase (this was our last stop). Then he spotted it...a practically weightless vacuum that comes apart to be an electric dust buster. The problem??? He only had $5 and it cost $10. Loving mother that I am, I offered to pay the remaining $5 if he worked it off by vacuuming the stairs regularly. He took me up on my offer! By Friday night, he had vacuumed the living room twice, the stairs, the upstairs tv room and his bedroom. This was definately the deal of the day!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

TAITx3 said...

So, Cheryl. I have to laugh at that story, put aside the the poor lady on the floor. It seems hilarious that Walker bought a vacuum with his money. Your a very lucky mother. Has he ever heard of the young boy that collects vacuums.... He has hundreds of them. He goes on talk shows and such. Just too funny to me. ~kara

Carol and Dan said...

Let me get this straight....Walker promised to regularly vacuum if you let him BUY the vacuum?! Am I missing part of this story?...c.

Unknown said...

Loving the popped collar - hahaha!

Priests By Name said...

Hey Kara, I did see that boy on a the game show "Wanna Bet". When they turned on the vacuum, he could name the make and model!

Carol, you've got the whole story. Sometimes I feel like I pulled one over on him, but he's still excited about his new vacuum.

Derick, Taylor helped him pick out his outfit. She told him that if he looked nice, people might be nicer to him and let him get to the good movies at the stores.

Susu said...

Can Walker move in with us for a few years? (I will return him when the vacuum breaks or he turns 13, whichever comes first)

Chris Ann said...

Mackinaw City all summer.. be there Walker!!